I'LL COME UP WITH A TITLE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'LL COME UP WITH A TITLE

as I said I'd come up with a title soon but this is for RPs and stuff I guess?????

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

modern day mythological/supernatural rp???

Go down 
+2
Shonee
Kitty
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Viral

Viral

modern day mythological/supernatural rp??? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: modern day mythological/supernatural rp???   modern day mythological/supernatural rp??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:38 am

Really? Why thank you. :3
As I said though, this IS me just duct taping random ideas together and not a fully developed idea... and as such undoubtedly has a bunch of holes and problems... which is why if anyone has any suggestions/improvements then I do hope they voice them!

If we WERE to run with this/a similar plot then of course you could, and just about everyone else, rp as one of the bad guys. For rps I figure a group of villains works a heck of a lot better then a lone mastermind. From experience (granted this 'experience' is from years ago.) I've seen that if there is only one antagonist then firstly things kinda suck for whoever is playing them; they seem to spend the first half the rp sitting around doing nothing until the big confrontation... which comes down to the dozens of heroes all trying to interact/battle with him at once. I've tried it before, Its a nightmare. Especially considering you're expected to lose and everyone wants to be the one to cause it.

Anyway, In short: a group of villains is far superior to a lone bad guy for an rp. In my opinion.
Also, it doesn't just have to be humans they capture for their games/profit. I'd reckon anything that fits under the title of a 'lesser' being in the eyes of the elitists. I'm not sure of any good examples given many mythological creatures are pretty powerful... but anything seen as ugly/disgusting (e.g. the undead.) or feeble/small (e.g. gnomes.) could quite easily apply.

And another thing, about wheter or not the creatures are accepted in soceiety... I don't think it was decided upon, but I may be wrong.
I think its probably best if mythological creatures are accepted in... is this set in a city?
Only, people are obviously going to want to play all manner of creatures and it would be kinda hard to justify it if they all get to walk around freely somewhere the're supposedly pariahs.
I mean I'm not saying there can't be places in the same world that are strictly human colonies, but I think the city (unless we aren't going with the city setting anymore.) it's set in is an incredibly diverse and tolerant area.
*shrugs* I'm not saying basilisks and dragons should just lazily stroll around, but so long as a creature is sentinent and capable of abiding the law then I see no reason they couldn't at the very least be tolerated. The best examples of any race are probably better citizens then the worst examples of humanity.
I'm not saying the REALLY exotic races wouldn't turn heads, but given this world is full of strange creatures I think people would become a bit jaded.

Long post is loooooooooooong
Back to top Go down
http://viral-code.deviantart.com/
Kitty
Admin
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: modern day mythological/supernatural rp???   modern day mythological/supernatural rp??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:58 am

ok rotten you are the best at plots forever let's just not bother anymore and you can do all of them

anyway yeah I'm loving ALL OF THIS aaaa.
The idea of a group of villains is incredibly pleasing to me. I love crime syndicates.
also now I want to RP a gnome
because imagine a badass gnome trying to survive some sick survival game
that gnome would take no prisoners
/shot
Back to top Go down
https://modernisedmyths.rpg-board.net
Viral

Viral

PostSubject: Re: modern day mythological/supernatural rp???   modern day mythological/supernatural rp??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:28 am

Kitty wrote:
ok rotten you are the best at plots forever let's just not bother anymore and you can do all of them

anyway yeah I'm loving ALL OF THIS aaaa.
The idea of a group of villains is incredibly pleasing to me. I love crime syndicates.
also now I want to RP a gnome
because imagine a badass gnome trying to survive some sick survival game
that gnome would take no prisoners
/shot

I'm hardly the best at making plots... but thank you. :3
Not sure I could make ALL the plots, but I'm willing to try if people want me to. I do enjoy making up plots/scenario... but I never seem to find the time/motivation to put them to paper.

If people like where I'm going with this then I can continue to develop it, maybe even get it somewhere near completion, though at the same time I don't want people to feel reluctant to share their own ideas.
I'll see about working on it tommorrow but for now I'm going to watch the new MLP episode and go to bed. :3

Also, badass gnomes for the win. I like gnomes.
Promise me though that if you do create a badass gnome from hell, that he still has his little pointy red hat.
Also, I know I'm too late now but I did come up with a name I believe is both japanese and yet at the same time not...
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Admin
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: modern day mythological/supernatural rp???   modern day mythological/supernatural rp??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:27 am

No, please feel free to develop it! And everyone else can suggest ideas at the same time, don't feel like you can't!

Of course he will. He'll be the BEST GNOME EVER.

Please share it! It's not too late! :3
Back to top Go down
Viral

Viral

PostSubject: Re: modern day mythological/supernatural rp???   modern day mythological/supernatural rp??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:32 pm

Okay... so for now I think its looking something like this:

Crime syndicate x has started capturing those they deem as 'inferior' races and using them in a series of deadly survival tornaments/games.
The've been around a few months but have elluded the law by continually relocating and clearing their tracks.
The syndicate funds itself by charging large amounts of money to specially selected audience (Kinda like some super-private-club) and possibly by taking out contracts to kidnap/volounteer specific people for the game.
As for how the 'games' could be run... well, the players could have some form of objective they need to complete (e.g. reach the exit, survive the longest) in order to be allowed out of the game.
In the outside world the syndicate is largely seen as a rumour/unknown but as time goes on progressively more people are hearing of them.

As for setting... I think people wanted a city with perhaps a large wooded area within or on the outskirts?
To justify people playing exotic creatures I personally thinks it's best if the city is largely tolerant of mythological creatures and could perhaps be some large independant megacity, maybe on a brilliant trade route between countries that would justify it being large and thus capable of having whatever buildings people might want/need.
Going back to the woods/forest idea we could either have a large park in the middle somewhere or make the city connected to a large wild forest (or maybe even jungle.) which could house all manner of exotic beasts.

And that's the abridged version, at least for now. Of course that's only really the background/setting.

Kitty wrote:
No, please feel free to develop it! And everyone else can suggest ideas at the same time, don't feel like you can't!

Of course he will. He'll be the BEST GNOME EVER.

Please share it! It's not too late! :3

Hobbies: Fishing, Gardening and Ass-kickin'
I so want to see you play this gnome now. :3

Well, I don't know if this idea is any good, but I kinda liked the name Ringo. As far as I'm aware it's a japanese name meaning apple, and at the same time an archaic english name derived from... well, ring.
Also I think it was the stage name of this guy from some band... what was their name? Some kind of insect I think, like a beetle. Can't quite put my finger on it, there was certainly something to do with beetles or insects in general... I think they were "those insects with horns and wings and stuff."
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Admin
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: modern day mythological/supernatural rp???   modern day mythological/supernatural rp??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:39 am

I forgot to reply to this
but
yes all of my yes

and Ringo is a good name
and I am liking the ass kicking gnome. He is now a character (in my head) but needs a name....
Back to top Go down
Viral

Viral

PostSubject: Re: modern day mythological/supernatural rp???   modern day mythological/supernatural rp??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:34 am

Good good, though I for one am currently focusing on the S-hero rp. :3

Well I liked it at least, though as I said it was too late really. Edo is probably a better name anyway.
Norman comes to mind for some unknown completely random reason...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: modern day mythological/supernatural rp???   modern day mythological/supernatural rp??? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

modern day mythological/supernatural rp???
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I'LL COME UP WITH A TITLE  :: General discussion :: Plot discussion-
Jump to: